Abby Rudesill is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS), as well as a former professional ballet dancer. Abby received her BFA in dance from Marymount Manhattan College and her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Long Island University – Brooklyn Campus. Abby had the privilege of dancing with several local dance schools growing up, and would love to bring her PT knowledge to the dance community that gave her so many opportunities.
Dance medicine includes lecture/demonstration, injury screen, coordination with physicians and dance teachers, and skilled PT treatment of ballet, tap, jazz, and contemporary dance injuries. Services we provide include:
- Dance studio seminars addressing topics of interest
- Injury Screens: NYU Langone Medical Center and Harkness Center for Dance Injuries has developed an evidence based screening tool to screen for common dance injuries
- Pointe Readiness Assessment: Use of functional screening tests based on current literature and research to determine if a dancer is safe to begin pointe work
- Development of home exercise program: 3 PT visits that include initial evaluation and exercise prescription, follow up visit to review/modify program, and 2 month follow up
- Physical Therapy treatment of current pain/injury: Care coordinated with MD and billed through insurance company
Please call Amber Hill Physical Therapy of New Market at (301) 732-4771 to discuss scheduling and fees.