Running Gait Analysis
Amber Hill Therapy Centers now offers gait analysis for runners by A.C.E. Running Gait Analyst Kelly Reichenbaugh, PT, DPT.
Running is great exercise, but it is hard work. It requires strength and mobility throughout the body as well as mental and physical endurance. Without a proper balance, it can put unnecessary forces and impact on the body. Over time, these forces can lead to break down of form and subsequent injury.
The program takes runners through a comprehensive evaluation to determine where improvements can be made in gait technique and training. This includes a functional movement analysis and video gait analysis to identify mobility, balance, strength and gait deficits.
BENEFITS OF ANALYSIS:
- Safe return to sport/running after injury
- Reduce pain with running
- Improve technique, form and become more efficient
- Prevent injuries
- Identify deficiencies before starting a new training program
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Consultation to identify problems and goals
- Functional movement analysis
- Video gait analysis
- Customized plan of care to address specific findings
- Training/retraining protocol